Any person’s life is greatly impacted by their physical and mental health. However, one cannot control the unpredictable nature and uncertainty of one’s health. We are all susceptible to a wide range of health dangers, such as virus infections, serious illnesses, and accidents. This is only one of many factors making it crucial to have appropriate health insurance coverage for the entire family.
The government medical insurance scheme is a medical plan backed by the federal or state governments. Itaims to provide people with affordable insurance coverage.. These kinds of health insurance plans are typically offered annually.
Due to limited access to healthcare and insurance, especially in the rural areas, both national and state governments in India have instituted various health insurance plans.
Several Forms Of Public Health Insurance Programmes
- Bharat Yojana
- The Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
- The Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana
- The Central Government Health Scheme
- Employer State Insurance Programme
- Janshree Bima Yojana
- The Comprehensive Insurance Scheme of the Chief Minister
- UHIS, or the Universal Health Insurance Scheme
- The West Bengal Health Programme
- The Yeshasvini Health Insurance Scheme
- Employees and Journalists Health Scheme for the Telangana State Government
Features And Advantages Of Public Health Insurance Programmes
The benefits and characteristics of public health insurance programmes are as follows:
- Government health insurance programmes are offered for a low cost. ##
- Poor and underprivileged persons are guaranteed coverage under government health policies.
- Families living below the poverty line (BPL) can also benefit from insurance protection thanks to this policy.
- For better healthcare, the policy provides treatment in both private and public hospitals.
- Senior citizens can avail of schemes like the senior citizen health insurance scheme.
What Do Public Health Insurance Programmes Serve?
For the benefit of its residents’ better health, the government of India introduced public health insurance programmes. These programmes enable the underprivileged to receive the advantages of medical insurance at a lesser cost.
Is there a requirement to purchase government health insurance programmes?
From programme to programme, different requirements must be met. You can see the list of documents needed for a specific medical plan before making a choice.
Do Government Health Insurance Programmes Have Any Restrictions?
Mostly, cosmetic operations are not covered by government-sponsored insurance programmes. Policy exclusions can differ. As a result, it is advised that one compare several health insurance plans and carefully review the policy’s exclusions and benefits.
Can You Obtain Government Health Insurance Online?
Not all government health insurance programmes can be bought online. In India, certain public health programmes allow for direct bank debit.
What Is The Insured Amount Under Government Health Insurance Programmes?
Since various medical insurance plans provide various coverage benefits, no set amount must be insured. Typically, compared to private insurance firms, the policy coverage amount is less.
All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.